Sunday, August 14, 2011

Textbooks

Finally, after waiting what seemed like an eternity, which was actually just a week and a half, my new textbooks have arrived!  Although I did stroke them lovingly as I took them out of their packages, I have  yet to open and really look at them.  Hm.  Seems as though in the last four years (and two children) I haven't changed much at all.  I still love to learn, and I still love to procrastinate.  Sometimes I even wonder how I managed to get my first degree. 
Despite the fact that I haven't opened my books yet to read them (on short fiction...taking a writing class, yay!)  I am soooooo super excited and I just can't wait to buy the school supplies so I can go and show up and put them neatly on my desk and show I am ready to go!  Of course, in a week I'll be rushing in at the last minute and randomly pulling papers out of this notebook and that, and probably hoping ever so hard that I am not called on because while I did do the homework I didn't do it well...
With all of that it would make you wonder why I love the classroom so much, why I wouldn't just take it online and get it over with, but there's something about being in the classroom setting that feels so great.  Perhaps it is my mind sighing in relief as I show it that yes, I really do use it for things other than potty training and meal planning and stain removing.  Ahhhh, yes, if only they had a class on that! 

1 comment:

  1. Are you getting a Master's or what? I feel so out of the loop! Whatever it is good for you for pursuing it!!

    ReplyDelete