Thursday, August 25, 2011

Are you a student, or a professor?

Just a vent.  I enjoy my class, I really do.  But I've enjoyed the assignments more than I've actually enjoyed the class so far.  I get to practice my "craft" (or see if there is a craft there at all!), and learn about new techniques and strengthening exercises. 
But good grief!  My professor is a really nice guy and all, but his appearance is distracting.  From someone who got their Bachelor's from a religious university where even the students tried to dress professionally, it is hard for me to see my teacher, who looks like he may be younger than me, walk in with ratty clothes and converse shoes, and a messy beard. 
The classroom is set up in rows, which does not encourage conversation, which is what the professor mentioned that he wanted.  Only three or four people spoke up the whole time.  I would have liked to, but was hesitant to speak up in front of the whole class.  Perhaps it is the teacher in me criticizing, but I would have liked to have smaller groups for discussion.  My excitement for the homework assignments is still there, but the excitement for class is tapering.   Hopefully he will change it up a little bit in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment